Friday 1 January 2016

Sewing Prevention Season

I've hardly been at the computer lately so I thought I would show you a little of what's been going on. When I opened my shop and classroom, almost four years ago, I wanted it to be exclusively for Patchwork and Quilting, for Quilters and Patchworkers... My favourite people in the whole wide world!... I didn't really want to get involved with other sewing stuff... mainly because I didn't know how to make anything but quilts!! ha ha ha... As time has gone on, I have discovered that I actually quite enjoy making other stuff... as do many of my customers and shop visitors it seems.
I've made bags, tunic dresses, aprons, totes... table mats, mug rugs and coasters, bunting and cushions galore. That means there are lots of notions and haberdashery bits and bobs needed... from bag making necessities and furniture to elastic and zips and things that just prettify. There are many different interfacings, pretty and practical ribbons and bias binding... many different sewing needles for machine and hand stitching and they all needed a place to be. So we ordered more peg wall stuff... and that's what this sewing prevention season has been about.
I have a lot of patterns, I always had lots of patterns... but now you can see them all at the very same time! To celebrate my new found display areas... I shall give you 10% off the lovely Kids Quilts patterns for the whole of January, while stocks last of course.
And then... we will help you choose beautiful fabric to make them with!!! ha ha ha, so I guess... everyone will be happy!
The list for 2016 workshops is ready... click on the tab at the top there....

1 comment:

Maggi said...

Wishing you a happy and successful 2016. I can't believe that it is already 4 years since you opened the shop.