Wednesday 16 October 2019

Retreating

It seems such a long time ago that we were immersed in fun, frolics and relaxation... but only three weeks has passed by. I hit the ground running when we got home... that happens to most people after a holiday or break doesn't it. It's like you need a week off to recover from the week off!
I took a lot of sewing projects with me... a dress to make, a bag to make. Knitting to finish and a scrappy long term project... but only this one saw the light of day. It's a Christmas quilt. It needs 15 x 12" blocks and a lot of joining blocks. I did loads of cutting, choosing and kitting prep before the retreat but still couldn't quite finish the top.

It took a couple of days to make the joining blocks but don't make they make the festive blocks look more like jolly hanging Baubles!!. I did finish sewing all the units so at our next mini-retreat day, Sunday 3rd November, I should be able to get lots more stitched together... I want it done before the 1st December!

We had very changeable weather but it stayed mostly warm... every morning I sat by the open bedroom window and enjoyed my first cup of tea of the day.... like this...

Or like this.... not much difference really... such a beautiful place!! xx
Alison House Hotel, in Cromford, I highly recommend it!

No comments: