Saturday 18 April 2009

Quilts In The Garden

I thought I would post a few more pictures from the "Quilts in the Garden" exhibition that I went to whilst in the UK last week.
I stood looking at this quilt and wondering how the lady had decided to do her quilting the way she had..., it didn't make sense at all to me.... Duh... it was the back of...
this quilt! There was stippling between all of the black ironwork, it was lovely, and, once I understood what was going on, I thought the back was a great idea...
I had a brilliant idea, to take pictures of the awards won by some quilts, given my memory capacity these days... he he
this is the quilt that won first place in the 'bed quilts' category, very accurate piecing, probably paper pieced to get such sharp points....
a close-up of the fabulous hand quilting.

This is a very simple design, fun to practice various quilting skills. It would be great for using up scraps too.

I looked at this quilt for ages, it was one of my favourites. My Lilly loves daisys so I find that I am always drawn to them... silly huh...

I love the quilting on this quilt....

This one was very different, it reminds me of Susie Krage's work, a friend I met in Mexico.
Everyone loves sunflowers, if you click on this you should be able to read the sky...

... of course, it won an award....

Here's a close-up, I bet this lady had fun making this project.... if you click on it to enlarge the picture you'll see what I mean!

No comments: