Wednesday 9 February 2011

Jeans Circle Quilt

I made this quilt back in 2006, it's just old jeans... you know the ones... they shrink over time, he he he. The centre fabric is silk, what a contrast, posh silk and old denim! This quilt has no wadding, it weighs heavy enough with fabric alone...
The back is great too, especially if you have the time to play with the placement of light and dark denim. I used both sides of the denim because knee areas are just too grubby looking when you have a 'garage lover'
I've decided to demonstrate this at the Quilt Cave today because one of us turfed out more old jeans... it's time to make another one...
You probably expected to find pictures of my Pineapple Blossom commissioned quilt didn't you? Well, I have to admit that I have not added any borders... I have 'writers block'... I have rooted and rooted but I cannot find anything I like for the borders. The lady did give me some border fabric... you know the stuff... but it just doesn't work for me, so I need more time to think about that one....
See you later?

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Awesome. Idea to use up those silk ties I've collected for years. Woke up this morning thinking about getting rid of them so thanks for this. Already have lots of denim. Bless you.