Monday 31 March 2008

The Lost Poster Quilt

My Lilly Poppet came on line today. She isn't often available, too busy having fun. It's good to hear that she is happy. Last year I made this quilt for her. The story of how it came to be is below the photo.

During our annual home leave trip, Elizabeth, my daughter, went shopping in Manchester with a friend. She treated herself to a poster and was extremely happy with it. She loved how it looked like it was moving. She carefully carried it through the airport on the way home to Portugal. Unfortunately, she left the poster at the gate as we borded the plane. She was very upset with herself. 
I remembered that I had a quilting pattern book with a similar design in it. 'Triangle Free Quilts' by Judy Hopkins. I searched through my fabric stash and found the exact same colours as the poster. The greens are mostly hand dyed fabrics. I called the quilt 'The Lost Poster'. Elizabeth was thrilled with it. It is just like the original poster".

2 comments:

Mandy said...

That is stunning! I love it. My boys would love that, off to hunt for the book on Amazon.

Kelly @ Blue Bird Sews said...

Hello! Your quilt is such a great example of using value in quilts. Could I have your permission to use it as an example for an upcoming presentation I am putting together for Portland Modern Quilt Guild? All the Best!