Sunday 12 November 2017

Festive Cushions

I have, all at the very same time, a few mammoth quilt projects on the go at the moment. They are supposed to be being finished for the Uttoxeter Quilt Show in April next year. They're needing a lot of my brainpower!... I thought it might be a good idea to take a break from all the decision making.
A small project should do the trick. I made a Bunting Cushion guided by this tutorial on Moda Bake Shop . Quilted and finished... then I decided it looked a bit bare in the background... So I appliqued the Merry Christmas words. Still left with a gap I didn't like... I drew Holly leaves... I really can't draw good holly leaves. I drew Bells and a ribbon... you wouldn't have known they were bells and ribbon! ha ha ha... I am no artist! But I have circle templates!!! Baubles, baubles baubles... and a bit of perle cotton for the hanging string.... 
I love my new festive cushion.
I plan to make another...
I took it to my very own quilt shop to show off...
The ladies love my Bunting Cushion too

Farmer Lynda started to make one.
All Day Di started to make one


Jeannette Dilly started making one too.
Isn't it wonderful to inspire others.
Thank you Allison and Moda Bake Shop for the seed of the lovely idea.


No comments: