Sunday 28 July 2024

Stitching News

I used to write these blog posts early in the mornings. People often messaged me asking why I was on my computer at silly o'clock each day. I just wake up at silly o'clock, I know there are plenty of quilters (and normal people!) with that trouble. I'm still waking up at silly o'clock, sometimes even at stupid o'clock so I could write blog posts, but, I'm going to confess now. I've started knitting stuff instead. Good grief, it's keeping me very entertained too. I aren't very good at following knitting  patterns so I have to concentrate. Post it notes everywhere with all my row counting, but... now I am late doing necessary things most mornings and find myself rushing to my shop wishing I had watched the clock more closely. So you see, no time to turn the computer on, let alone write stuff or look for photos in my phone. So many things to create and not enough hours in a day, sound familiar?

This gorgeous quilt sandwich belongs to Princess Jackie. She sleeps with the silly o'clock too and has been making these little three quarter inch hexagons for a very long time. Suddenly, last week, she booked a sandwich making session and WOW is it just fabulous. This was the first time I had seen it, just wow!

Rose finished her gifting quilt top. A very modern design which has taxed her brain a bit, it's perfect for the guy she's making it for. There were a few fabrics left over so Rose is making a co-ordinating cushion to go with it.

Shakespeare In The Park has returned. Gail took a little break from quilting this large project as she had other projects needing to be finishing first. Now with her brand new Juki (DX2000) she's all inspired to get this beauty finished.

Princess Jackie is working on a new baby gifting quilt. It has a circus theme, did you guess that? Jackie always saves all the thread ends to do in one session, rather than tying off as she goes along. She loves that job, Unlike my very good self, it would drive me nuts.

Beano has been having a jolly good sort out in her sewing studio. She found all sorts of packages and tubs of projects that she had forgotten about, as we all do! A tub of blue and white fabrics 

After a little further rooting, Beano found bits of paper that helped her remember what it was all for, helped by a few complete blocks, how lovely are they!

Placing out the blocks, it's easy to see a secondary pattern forming. Beano is going to continue making the blocks until she runs out of the fabrics. The quilt will be as large as it can be. But, she also found another project that will be finished first, a photo of that beauty will be taken soon!

Next Sunday, 4th August, we will be going to the Festival Of Quilts for our annual Pilgrimage.
2 tickets have become available so let me know if you would like to join us, 45 ladies going already. It should be Fun!

No comments: