Thursday 10 December 2009

Our Postcard Swap....

Recently I organised a post card swap with my quilty ladies from Portugal, that is... all the ladies that had been members of my quilt groups in Portugal at one time or another. Many of them are no longer in Portugal, which is quite normal with the ex-pat way of life, so I thought it would be a great way for us to stay in touch.
My card came today... woooo hooooo, It's quite exciting to find a little quilt on your doorstep when you come home... Mine is from Irene, a Dutch lady (you guessed that though right?) If you remember, she is the quilty lady that likes to make fiddly things... she was a regular in My Quilt Cave.... Thank you Irene I love it!!
Ronny, who now lives in Holland, received this lovely postcard from Helen who lives in Ikea... oooops I mean near Ikea in Lisbon (see, it still makes me laugh Helen, sorry, he he he) I'll post more of our post card swap pictures if and when they come to me.

2 comments:

me said...

Oooh! I love the Dutch card! I wish I could get some of those fabrics! My father was born in Holland and emigrated with his parents to Canada when he was a child, so I grew up with a lot of Dutch influence!

Monica said...

Very cute card! Fabric postcard swapping is a love of mine too. I'd love to swap with you sometime.