Monday 4 April 2011

Quilty Quarters

I had a fantastic day in my Quilty Quarters yesterday, yeeeeha. I completed all of the floral blocks and stitched them all together, they are only 8" so it's not a huge project. I luxuriated on my floor for a while with my books to find inspiration for my pieced borders... I wanted to piece them from more floral scraps you see....
... Decision made, I need 88 Half Square Triangles to start with... all are cut and stitched, they just need to be trimmed to size... I almost always cut my squares rounded up by 1/8" inch so I get to trim them exactly and precisely to size... in my own PMS mind it's well worth the extra effort... How do you make yours?

1 comment:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I must admit I've been known to make my HST in the same manner... Your top looks fab...love all the florals!