Saturday 19 December 2015

Stitching News

PM Pam is making great progress with her Gypsy Wife project... as the other see Pam's blocks coming together they are purchasing the pattern booklet too...
But... MY GOODNESS...
this is a scrappy project, they don't need to purchase fabric from my very own shop!! What am I supposed to do now???? ha ha ha

Princess Jackie, our First Prize winning quilt maker, is steadily stitching a lovely... and I really mean LOVELY design... her very own design this time... there's such a lot of detail and Jackie stitches really slowly to get everything 'spot on'... fabulous.

Rose has made a few large projects recently so she's treating her very own self to a smaller one next... She's making a Big Quilted Panel Bag...
The tutorial can be found by clicking on the picture on the right side bar...
I have to say it... I LOVE Rose's fabric choice... scrumptious!!!
Gail spied the opportunity to make a sandwich with her Bow Tie project. There was a little table clearing involved but we did it. There is rarely and table top space as quilters do love to spread out... everywhere!! Sandwiched and pinned, Gail started the quilting.
Gail made up these little Pinwheel blocks with the Bonus Half Square Triangles left from making the Bow Tie blocks... the corners should never be wasted!!! A lovely cushion made from the bits that could have been thrown away!! Fabulous.
New Sue loves to make girly projects... and now she can!!
This pattern from the Moda Bake Shop will make a car seat quilt... very useful...
It's almost finished, I know that... I saw the binding being stitched on.
Fran Cup Cake, who brought in delicious Lemon And Ginger Cup Cakes... yipeee, has a friend with an adorable cat (Not my words!!) A perfect gift then... a Kitty Quilt... what a lucky little cat!, Fran used the 'Bagging' method for this project so it made a faster finish...
So... Fran Cup Cake has another friend, with an adorable dog... (this I can understand! ha ha ha) Those are doggy foot prints... just the binding to be hand stitched, very cute binding with dog bones fabric... so, Fran's on track to have this finished in good time.
Jean Bean didn't want to work too hard in the thinking department... She just wanted to be creative so... she cut little squares to make Festive table mats... lovely... what a good job it is that I have heat resistant wadding in stock... 
A bit too late for Jean Bean though, hey ho!
Today, Saturday 19th December.... It's the drawing of New Sue's Raffle quilt... If any of you win it, I will post it here for you to get excited about.
It's also the last day for my Lovely little Patchwork and Quilting Shop this year. I am having a little, and very well deserved, holiday... Not going anywhere exotic, just to Quilty Quarters with no clock watching...
If you need my shop for any supplies email or call me and I will do my best to meet you for a date!
I really had better get on now and open the shop up... it's in a blooming mixed up state you know... I got a little carried away moving things yesterday... what a headache I made... fun fun fun!

No comments: