Wednesday 11 October 2017

Stitching News

Heather finished two wonderful cushions
They are her own design, influenced by wall paper
They've been made for gifting

This is the fabulous quilting design for the cushion backs

The second cushion... different and again her own art work.
Heather drew this design on paper and foundation Paper piecing was invented.
I know I should say re-invented as we already knew about it...
but Heather is happy thinking she invented the method! ha

Another cushion back. Both have zips!! They run along the seam there at the bottom thanks to Susan... who knows a lot about zips! I watched this new (to me) method too. Toot toot toot Heather, your fabulous and finished cushions are brilliant... but will you still gift them?

Look at the clock...it says almost 2pm. One half of Carol's 'On-Point' Kaleidoscope quilt.. looking wonderful. The other ladies thought she had lost the plot in making a triangular quilt top, ha ha ha

By the end of the day... The triangle had a partner and the other ladies were relieved to see a 'normal' shape. Carol was very pleased with her very own self had her smile said it all. Now I have to schedule another Stack-n-Whack Kaleidoscope Workshop for early next year.

Susan had purchased on of my Angie's Six Packs, the blue and white pack.
Lick-etty-Split, it was all stitched together.
Hey... I just noticed the design Susan chose, that is cunning!
Border fabric choosing got a little tricky... that is,
until Susan chose her wonderful Art Gallery backing fabric!
Boom!! I love that green... it gave me goosebumps.

Gail is making a giant Crown Of Thorns block for the centre of her quilt backing... yes, the back! More goosebumps for me... I love this idea and I have to say... so does Gail.
You already know we love to make a fabulous quilt backing don't you.

No comments: