Saturday 1 August 2020

Stitching News

Over the weeks since my shop was allowed to re-open, I took a few photos, mainly with my phone, as we do these days.These photos though, were taken with my perfectly purple camera but my routine of blogging and picture taking has disappeared so I forgot all about the photos. I finally remembered to bring my camera home to look. 
Brenda Barbara had been busy using up her beautiful scraps. This is a great design for scraps. You can't beat a large, multi-fabric project can you? Unless you don't like playing with scraps, like our Beano. It's this pattern in much brighter and happier colours. Well done Brenda!

I know you have seen this quilt already, it was a floor photo shot. Now we get to give out a toot toot toot fanfare for All Day Di's William Morris prints quilt in it's full glory held up proudly from the photo step... 

This is the back so you get to see how Di quilted.
It's a fabulous finish Di, lovely binding corners too!

This lady came to buy backing fabric for this fabulous quilt top. The fabrics used are a mixture of American and British themes. She had such a lot of fabric left over that we came up with a plan for the back without purchasing any more fabric... yes I know I am a shop and I could have sold her 3 or more metres but she had enough left over fabric to make a pieced backing so that's what I advised, great customer service!!. 

Farmer Lynda finished and gifted her cushion already but I took this picture when she came in to buy the fabrics to make the Llama into a cushion. Such a smart fellow. Lynda's making another Llama now in different colours.

This is another of Our Pam's hospital gifting quilts. They have to be 24 inches in both directions for the unit Pam is supporting.  So we need a toot toot toot fanfare for a beautiful and fabulous finish.

And another from Our Pam. She's always super pleased with the quilts when she holds them up. Made with such care and genuine pleasure... Toot toot toot Pam... But, between you and I, she still has some huge projects on her back burner... Don't be thinking we have forgotten about your piles Pam!! h ha ha

I love this quilt. It is one of the best little projects I've seen using the Peter Rabbit Panel available in my very own shop. The customer used up stash scraps to make up the Half Square Triangle border. It's fabulous and finished, toot toot toot.

No comments: