Wednesday 8 May 2024

Quilty Quarters

I have another fabulous and finished quilt to show you.
Do you remember this beautiful quilt top? 

I made it at the sewing retreat at the end of November last year. 
I recently made a sandwich of it.
This is the Quilt Norma made and had had it professionally quilted by Amanda In Stone. I was very interested to see it had been quilted in Wavy Lines top to bottom. (though on a long arm machine I think they have to do it from side to side) I hadn't thought to do that design, genius? Super easy more like!
My quilting done. Crusts trimmed off, and it wasn't raining!
Obviously my wavy lines are much more organic than the computer driven ones, but that's absolutely fine by me. Done, as they say, is much better than perfect! It took 3 bobbins of thread and only a few hours to quilt. My sandwich had been very well pinned so I was able to quilt top to bottom, so I didn't even have any ends to tie off nor thread in, winner!

I rooted for a binding fabric, luckily I found one then decided to stitch it on by machine. Usually I hand stitch binding to the back but since acquiring the Juki UX8, I love doing it by machine with the zipper foot and the walking thing. I was a bit miffed to have to make a new bobbin just to sew this two inch bit. I prefer to win the Thread Chicken game!

By the time I had the quilt finished, and ready to snap pictures of it, the wind had picked up and started to play at silly things, flipping the quilt over at the last minute. 
It must have wanted you to see the backing!

The wind did this too, perfectly staged! Clever wind.
I'll take the quilt to my shop later, you can to pop in to see it. 
The colours are really lovely in real life.
Toot toot toot for me!

No comments: