Monday 12 August 2024

Stitching News

 There are many lovely patterns available online these days. Instantly download-a-bubble, PDF patterns. It's dangerous! Our Pam loves cats. She loves dogs too but lately has been enjoying cat themed things. Her birthday was approaching when I came across this website sewfreshquilts.com There are so many patterns to choose from. I decided to purchase a pattern for Pam's Birthday gift. I chose this one.

Pam loves a cuppa and adores cats, so an excellent pattern!
But, a printed PDF pattern doesn't look good as a gift, in my opinion. 
When you purchase a paper pattern it looks like a proper gift, don't you think?

I decided to make up a Kitten In Cup block to wrap the pattern in, instead of paper. Genius? It took me a whole day to choose the right fabrics from my home stash, cut up all the bits, lots of little bits that all needed labeling, and sew them together. It was so cute, I decided to make it into a nifty little bag for Pam to use for her Juki DX7 Foot pedal and cable. I was very happy with this gifting idea, it looked much better than a printed PDF pattern.

Pam was very happy with her new Kittens In Cups, printed PDF pattern and the nifty bag. But she refuses to keep her Juki foot and cable in it. She's going to use it as a bag. If I had thought that, I could have made it a bit larger, and probably more useful, hey ho. It's displayed in Pam's entrance hall, for all visitors to admire. 

The pattern has two different sized blocks, this was the smaller one @ 10" finished. 
It was an easy enough make with easy to follow instructions. 
Remember though, I did say there were lots of patterns to choose from on the website.
I will not be held responsible for your new pile of patterns, convenient, printed PDF patterns!
I'll be happy to help you choose fabrics from my very own shop though, ha ha ha.

No comments: