Thursday 15 August 2024

Stitching News

 My shop is back open as normal after my little trip, which was a lot of fun, even without sewing!  Next week though, I am treating my very own self to another few days without work! How very dare I? It's quite easy really. I just tell you I'm not in my shop and off I go, ha! The dates to note...
My shop will be closed on Friday 23rd August. It will be open again on Saturday 31st August.

Norma finished sewing her binding to the back by hand, her favourite method, and very kindly brought her quilt back to my shop so we could see it one last time. We should raise our trumpets to give her a toot toot toot fanfare for another fabulous finish. 

Norma is already well on her way with another quilt. This pattern is Grow Free, Wild Flowers and is an excellent one for using up odd shaped pieces of fabric and larger scraps. This time Norma is going to quilt each 4-Patch all by her very own self and then join them together, apartment-ly.

Sue is very much enjoying her newly acquired Juki f600. What a wonderful birthday gift it was. She'd made a 9" finished Log Cabin block to begin with and found it so much easier to be accurate with her quarter inch seams, speed control is such a help. So much so, that Sue decided to continue adding more logs taking the block up to 18 inches, an excellent cushion size, perfect for gifting.

Julie was able to make her lovely Garden Retreat quilt sandwich. We had to hang it over the table edges just a little bit as Julie had added extra 4-patch units, accidentally of course! Such bright and cheerful colours, you know I love oranges! It's a big quilt to work on in our current heatwave!

No comments: