It's a bit of a mixed bag for stitching news today, with me trotting off for fun and shenanigans. Totally enjoyed the retreat in Fleetwood. It's lovely to be sewing by the sea and it was so much cooler there than at home. A 5+ mile walk early every morning helped with the very relaxed, and rather sedentary, rest of the day. Sewing is quite a sedentary sport isn't it. We did have to walk to the loo, the dining room, the bar and to bed!
I had these pics in my camera, they're not in any particular order.
Christabelle has started quilting this beautiful quilt. Just look how cute the little applique details are. I love the stacked plant pots. I'll take a few more detailed photos when it's time to get the trumpets out.
Our Pam gave away a few of her baby quilts recently. The recipients were very pleased with them. Pam's generosity got her into trouble... now she has another commission quilt to make. She chose the pattern and the fabrics and got started straight away, thinking it would be an easy make. You know how that's going to pan out don't you!!
Gail continues to make Elizabeth Hartman Dinosaur blocks.
She's very impressed with the pattern and all it's detail.
She has to concentrate and label all of the bits.
This is a photo from the following week. Gail had finished the block completely but then decided to change one of the units because the orange-y colour of the fabric was bothering her, it's been swapped for a more purple bit and is looking splendid.
Rose is making a big girl quilt for her little grand daughter. It's a modern design from one of the Annie's Quilting books, this one "One Day Quilts" The heart blocks will be set on point and Rose already decided to make it quite a bit larger than the one on the book.
Princess Jackie finished her pink heart quilt binding at home and, lucky for us, she brought it back for us to admire. We need to polish those trumpets ready for a fabulous and finished, toot toot toot fanfare! Jackie still has plenty of hearts appliqued so there's likely to be another quilt with pink hearts in the future.
While we are tooting, keep the trumpets up. This is Joanne's fabulous and finished quilt, in situ. She is very pleased with herself as she wasn't sure she would manage to quilt such a large project, now she knows she can, so, lets hope there will be many more! Toot toot toot Joanne.
This is Princess Jackie's latest sandwich. I'ts based on the Boho Heart pattern by Jen Kingwell but Jackie Pleased Her Very Own Self and used lots more little blocks. All drafted out on graph paper. Clever chick isn't she! Jackie's going to quilt little hearts all over it.
This sandwich belongs to Cheryl Cheryl. She had arrived for class ready to continue with an ongoing project but quickly put it away and purchased this alphabet panel to make a baby gifting quilt. Fabulous idea! By the end of class it was half way quilted with a beautiful rainbow coloured thread. I have more alphabet panels in stock, should you be tempted?
You might remember my delivery of the Show & Tell Quilt pattern? It's another lovely project from Elizabeth Hartman.
Recently, while preparing for lots of upcoming retreats, I decided to start it. I'm going to use different 'quilts' though. More challenging designs, because I can and because I want to!
This is it. I sold lots of patterns at the time but, up to now, I don't think any of my customers have made it yet.
Here's block one, how cute is this!!!
It's a twelve inch Feathered Star block, pieced traditionally.
Teeny tiny half square triangles and fiddly 'Y' seams!
I might go nuts, or cross eyed making more!
This is the block I made during the Fleetwood retreat but this one was Foundation Paper Piecing. It was not as accurate as my traditional piecing one. I may not use it, I really prefer brighter colours. It can stay as a reserve block for now. That's more PMS!!!
There are still places available for the Quiltmas Retreat from 24th December. Also at Hawkstone Park.
Booking and paying your deposit for this retreat before the end of September is recommended and will save you £20.00 We loved it last Quiltmas and will be very happy to be going again this year.
If you have any questions about the retreats just email me angiequilts@gmail.com or WhatsApp is good too 07807530441
Please remember that my shop will be closed Monday to Thursday next week.
Open as normal from Friday 21st August.

No comments:
Post a Comment