Thursday 25 March 2010

Uttoxeter Quilt Class

One of Messy Maureen's blocks, she's made all 5 of them with a different design, we just added borders to bring them all up to the size we need for the bean bag cube, 17" each. Next time these will be sandwiched and quilted individually before joining them. It will be a good opportunity for Maureen to try out the Janome walking foot as her first 2 projects were made on a Bernina Aurora baby, he he he.
Lizzie continued making her mat and ruler bag using my very own design,... which is still evolving..., when I'm completely happy with it, I'lll share it with you! Here she is making the 24" ruler pocket using the 'quilt as you go' method. She made both handles too and her bag was almost finished...
Messy Maureen opted to buy the orange one I made instead... he he he (MUM, I sold something!!!)

Jenni took a break from her log cabin quilt, she's in the process of quilting it and she can do that at home. So, a mat bag it is.... After completing the 'quilt as you go' pocket she plumbed in the Bernina BSR, carefully listened to my instructions and set off.... she did it very well after only a few minutes. The gloves were removed eventually as Jenni found it easier without them, perhaps they just weren't chic enough! So next week, maybe, Jenni will bring in the front and the back of the bag all beautifully free motion quilted?
Shirley joined us after lunch, she has her inner borders sewn onto the rail fence quilt and she cut the outer border with corner stones ready for next time.
Angela, who will be known as AJ because I am forever spinning my head at the sound of my name, took delivery of her brand new sewing machine, she chose a Janome 4900 QC, I bet she doesn't do any housework for a few days... nothing like a new baby to take up your cleaning time eh!!! ha ha ha

Tuesday Uttoxeter class in full at the moment. Woooohooooo, I am happy to say that, can you tell? If you are considering joining us, I will start another quilty day... never can have too many quilty days!.. anyway, you can email me if you are interested.. (Birte, it's too far for you so don't you bother emailing!! he he he)

1 comment:

Birte said...

Hi Angie
I just booked some fligths to the UK, but if you don't want me....
so I canceled them. (Heheheh)
Love Birte