Monday 12 July 2010

Requesting Help...

Request Number 1...
SPQ, that's Staffordshire Patchwork & Quilters have decided to join thousands of quilters in making quilts for servicemen and women. They put out a request at the last SPQ meeting, 1st July, for us to start making 12 1/2" blocks. They asked that the blocks should be made in red white and blue fabrics.
Now... we were asked to make at least one block each, but if we made more... we would get a special mention!... I do like to be "specially mentioned".... don't you?

I thought it would be a good idea to tell you all about it.
If you would like to make 12 1/2" red, white and blue blocks in any design... go ahead and do it. That means that you send the blocks measuring 12 1/2" ... they will measure 12" once they are sewn into the quilts.... this bit always confuses people.
You can send them to... ???? aha..... I will have to find out who we send them to and let you know. I guess you could send them to me, yes, for now.... send them to me... you will have to email me here angiequilts@gmail.com so I can send you my snail mail address. I'm thinking I should not put it here... 'tis a scary world out there eh!

Request Number 2...
I am looking for people to help at the Leek Show on the 31st July. I was supposed to find 10 people to help but I keep forgetting to ask, I have 5 so far... all you do is volunteer 2 hours of your time to either man the car park or to take money from people at the entrance, then you get free entrance into Leek Show for the rest of the day....
Again, if you are available, live locally (or own a helicopter) and you would like to help for 2 hours, please email me angiequilts@gmail.com

Request Number 3...
Ha ha ha... just joking!...........
Tomorrow, Tuesday 13th July we are back to Uttoxeter, 10am - 3pm. We had to stop the classes for a few weeks due to holidays, Wimbledon and an overbooking thing. It feels like forever since I saw the lovely Uttoxeter ladies... I hope they remember to come, he he he.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have done my blocks and sent them to Ann. Would love to have helped out at Leek as it is fairly local to me but unfortunately am working 7 am to 4 pm. Hope it goes well.