Friday 6 May 2011

SPQ Presentation, Toot Toot Toot...

I'm not usually nervous when I present my quilts to an audience, I never tire of seeing them... of holding them up, talking about them and telling their little stories.... I was nervous last evening though... I felt like I was having an important interview... Of course I felt very silly afterwards for having any worries at all... the ladies were smiling with me and  (I Hope) enjoying everything they saw...
Most of my quilts have a little story of their own and I love popping down memory lane with each of them... happy times... reminiscing about the lovely ladies I have met during my Ex-Pat travels... and confessions about a few things.. like fabric hoarding!


I knew some of the SPQ ladies had seen my quilt presentation before at another venue so I rang up a few family members asking whether they would mind lending me the quilts I made and given to them, just so I could show something different to the ladies...
The quilts you see in these pictures are from my brothers family, I made them a quilt each for my 40 birthday back in 2004. Each one is backed with flannel so they are extra warm and snuggley soft...

I haven't seen them since the day I handed them over...7+ years wow, doesn't time fly! so it was lovely for me... I know it's a toot toot toot on my own trumpet... but hey ho... forgive me? ... I think they are fabulous! Oh, the last one, with the sunflowers, is a wall hanging/table topper the others are lap size quilts...
I think it's fair to say that the evening was quite successful....
Caverswall Quilt Cave today... I better get a move on, there's a fun day ahead... are you coming?

4 comments:

Becky said...

They are lovely quilts - Thanks so much for sharing them. Have fun today! I'm getting ready to leave for work - and yes it's 4:00 AM USA time on the East Coast. Sometimes I think that I am nuts for taking a position so "early" but most times I love being off by lunch time.

Unknown said...

What a great talk Angie! Your quilts were amazing and your passion for the craft is so infectious(?!). Thank You x

KimT said...

Your quilts are all lovely!

Maggi said...

More than quite successful. It was a great evening with lots of gorgeous quilts and plenty of entertainment. Thank you.