Sunday 22 May 2011

Quilty Quarters

I need only to sew the top border row on and this quilt will be ready to be made into a sandwich. You'll be looking at the purple coping strips... they are different widths, this was necessary, not an accident. Once it is quilted I don't think it will be noticed too much.... with hindsight, I would have added a 2" strip of floral fabrics across the bottom of the centre part, before the borders but, hey ho... when this quilt is on my sofa, probably all scrunched up, no-one will notice, if they do... and if they ask, I will blind them with my scientific-mathamisms about how I come to calculate it all... ha ha ha. I will try to 'invent' my backing today and if I am reeeeeeally lucky, I might even make that sandwich!.. see ya next time...

1 comment:

Maggi said...

Who says coping strips have to be all the same size anyway? Lovely quilt.