Sunday 12 March 2017

Stitching News... And A Note

New Sue was able to get her huge quilt sandwich made... it's about 80 inches square so we had to pin most of it then move it over a bit to do the last 10 or so inches... it works well that way... This quilt, according to Sue's plan, will have very simple quilting... we will see very soon.

I have a plan for something very interesting at the upcoming British Quilt and Stitch Village... it's what we locals call the Uttoxeter Quilt Show. For my plan to work I am asking customers who enjoy Crumb piecing to help me... this is Our Sheila's Crumb quilt... isn't it wonderful!!!

PM Pam had a request to make a little Kit Bag for a farmers tiddler to keep his shoes in. This tractor fabric was left over from a spot of curtain making and was just the ticket...

Pam used Art Gallery Denim to back the handy-dandy bag and now we can see that the farming tiddler is named Jack... Toot toot toot Pam, it's a fabulous and finished farmers favourite!
Just a little note....
I know I don't have to explain, but it seems I have some of you a little worried...
Thank you for the lovely messages by the way...
There's really nothing to worry about, I promise!
I know I used to prepare a blog post for you most mornings but now, at the moment, I find I can't... I just don't have enough hours in my days... and that's the truth for a lot of us eh.
There's so much to do in a little (fabulous and very well stocked) quilt shop and, since I had all those lovely new shelves sorted out during sewing prevention season, I have been constantly trying to keep up with the Fat Quarter cutting and fabric arranging and ordering and delivery sorting and dust-dusty-dusting... and, and, and...
The thing is.... my shop is looking quite fabulous (in my opinion!) So more customers are coming in, and then returning and bringing their friends! and they are TAKING my fabrics and my fresh cut Fat Quarters!... Oh,Yes, they do pay for them... it's just like a real shop after all but... I am never going to be finished! ha ha ha.
So, in between offering my pearls of wisdom, helping with colour and fabric choosing and fabulous fudging advice and terrific top tips during the classes, I am busy busying with my shop and fabrics, so I forget to take pictures... and without pictures my blog probably won't inspire anyone...
So... forgive me when I don't blog every day won't you? and just know that I will blog, when I remember to take pictures for you.
xx

My email address is angiequilts@gmail.com

No comments: