Monday 9 July 2018

Hello, Hello, Hello...

My poor neglected blog... Ha! 
I've had a multitude of  reasons not to blog... For a while I lost my perfect purple camera. New internet provider that wasn't really providing! A new granddaughter has to be given days... it's my duty to kiss those cheeks!! And on top of all that, the little corner where my computer lives is like a sauna with this heatwave!! No time needs to be spent there dripping hot for a blog! 
And... on top of all those excuses, I am learning to crochet.... I couldn't do it so I was consumed with determination and every waking minute was spent trying to get it right... I have actually cracked it now. With a lot of help from PM Pam, Farmer Lynda, Longport Lynda, Monday Judy and My Mum Gwynneth... yes, every one of them has tried to help me, I think I have Crochet-Lexia!!! 
So a few quilty pictures for you...

Gail is first up with her fabulous and finished kiddie play mat..
Toot toot toot Gail

This is the back... no fabric has been wasted and all those little left over blocks have been incorporated too. Well done Gail, it is a lovely quilt... perfect for gifting.

Gosh, this is from a couple of weeks ago. A lady came to make the beginner cushion. Annette had a great day learning lots of top tips as she wasn't really a beginner, she just thought she needed to go back to basics.

PM Pam came to Checkley Community Centre for our recent Sunday Sewing Patchwork Party... this quilt top was already made so Pam got all her fabrics out and made a great backing for it.  I think Pam said that she would have this project professionally quilted.

Princess Jackie and a few other ladies went to a children's dressmaking workshop in Leek a few weeks ago and is now making dresses for all the little girls in her world. Such beautiful fabrics too!! I wonder where they are from?? ha ha

Gail's Twisted Heart is coming along very nicely... She's made a few of them over the years so, I'm just guessing, she might be an expert now... Don't tell her I said that!

Princess Jackie is making a Twisted Heart Cushion too... supposedly guided by our resident expert Gail!... They are fun projects to make... Those Sweet Peas are from my lovely pots outside the shop... Jean Bean told me to keep picking them and the plant will keep producing more... and it does.

A delicious dessert, Summer Berry Eton Mess
We had a most wonderful day at our Sunday Sewing Patchwork Party.
Great food, great fun, lovely people and inspiring projects.
Next one is Sunday 5th August. Call for more information....
07807530441 or email... angiequilts@gmail.com

No comments: