Sunday 24 July 2022

Stitching News

 Firstly, this is the last week for booking a place on our coach trip to Festival Of Quilts. I will be ordering the show tickets on 1st August. After that I might be able to fit you on the coach but you will have to sort out your own entrance tickets.


Rose spent her morning finishing off little details on her gifting project. It's been a very lovely make for Rose over the months, a real deep and meaningful Wall Hanging... The white areas with dog shapes will be finished with great skill and paints by someone else. 

Shirley wanted to make something simple... She's made several fabulous quilts recently, she's continuing with the quilting the Penguins quilt, we are excited to see that!!!  Making these few cushions is giving Shirley's brain, and shoulders, a rest.

Bev had all the stabilizing quilting done so was able to trim the crusts off her sandwich ready to add the binding. She's going to go back to do more detailed stitching without all the extra bulk on the edges, which will make it a bit easier.

Our PM Pam loves to do a simple project every now and again. They don't come much easier than a pre-printed panel... this Makower Christmas Cats is great as you can have two panels to make a good size quilt... purchase and sandwich... Lick-etty-Split!!!


I am still a bit lost in my knitting but I really will try not to touch it in my morning blogging time... that's if I remember to take any photos to share... I know!!! It gets worse!! ha ha ha

Last but not least.... Next Sunday 31st July is a Checkley Sunday Funday Sewday so if you plan on joining us, please contact me as soon as possibubble.

No comments: