Monday 17 October 2022

Catching Up With Stitching News

I'm back! Did you even notice I was missing? 
A much needed break had been planned for many months.
 What a beautiful weather week it was too. This is the view from my room up in the attic, EVERY morning! It was so beautiful watching the sun come up.

Out walking on the beach before dawns crack.

Almost tempted to have a paddle! By this point if I had dipped my toes in that there water I might have disgraced my very own self, ha ha ha. All the coffee consumed before the walks was not the best plan! 5 wonderful days of uninterrupted sewing with 15 other ladies. Fabulous food, and plenty of it, with lots of choice. Quilt Sandwich, thank you, we were very well looked after and I will be back!

During the retreat, for which I had planned and cut all my fabrics, I made up the Ocean Waves blocks, the Cactus blocks, Elizabeth Hartman pattern, and some appliqued cactus. I stitched plenty of leaves on another project. I stitched A LOT but it's all slow progress isn't it. It does make you appreciate exactly how long each project takes to make. I will continue working on it at home.


A few photos from before I disappeared...
Two ladies enjoyed another Bunting Cushion workshop. Lots of top tips were explained.

They will be finished at home as both ladies made their cushion backs with a zip concealed under a flap

Shirley has made a good start on her 10 minute blocks using the kit of fabrics I had made up. They are looking great and very Autumnal. I have a very good top tip on this one, top secret!!

Sister Susie wanted to make a cushion with diamond blocks. There's a little bit of accuracy needed to get all the points lined up, a bit of perfect pinning and a small amount of good luck!

Lot's of folk are working on Advent Panels, it is time though, if they are to be finished in time. This one belongs to Jan, she came up with an easier way to make the pleated pockets that might be classed as a top tip in the future!

Princess Jackie came to make a sandwich with her new sofa throw/Lap Quilt. She says it's for snuggling up under on the sofa when the heating is not on!! We will all need one!

Shirley finished her Festive Bauble wall hanging. 
We were all looking forward to seeing how it turned out with those very different coloured fabrics and what a stunning quilt it is. Toot toot toot Shirley, fabulous and finished and inspiring!

It's a Checkley Sunday Sewday this weekend. Have you booked your place for our One Whole Day Sewing Retreat??

No comments: