Monday 25 September 2023

Stitching News

 Lots of lovely projects being worked on in my classroom. Here's a quick catch up.

Gail's Shakespeare In The Park quilt was getting us confused so we laid it out on the floor to find the way. On point settings always bring a challenge if you try to do them on a small table top. It's really taking shape now.

Princess Jackie's cute little piglets! Choosing perfect fabrics for the job is half the fun and makes all the difference to the cuteness, don't you think?

Christabelle can confidently call this a Lick-etty- Split quilt deign. Once the fabrics were chosen and the 2 and a half inch strips cut, it was plain sailing! Chris didn't want to cut into the 10" Layer Cake pieces, I don't blame her, they are rather beautiful

At the very same time Chris is working on her New York Beauty blocks. Very much inspired by the one Chery Cheryl just finished, Chris is using up lots of bits of fabrics and is hoping that each segment will bring a little memory of the quilts Chris has made, a lovely idea.

I have more pictures but I need to crack on.
I have so much to do in my very own shop this week.
I've ordered another Aurifil Thread stand and delivery is imminent. This one to house 200 metres size spools. I have no idea where I am going to put it.
The Mettler stand is still in the way! I'll have to come up with a sales tempting opportunity on the Mettler Threads so that it will you to empty it a bit quicker.
Would you like me to do that?
Yes of course you would!!
OK, so I'll have a think about that!

No comments: