Sunday 20 March 2011

Derbyshire Area Day

A very inspirational lady, Mary Mayne.
Dotty Maureen and 'me myself I', set of bright and early to travel all the way to Ilkeston in Derbyshire. It was an
Area Day for the British Quilt Guild .. actually it's only one hour from here so, compared to some places we've been it was close really!
So, now I have another new favourite quilter.... Mary Mayne.
I knew absolutely nothing about her before I went but... woooooohooo... is she just a lovely and very talented lady....

here's a few pictures for you, I was at the back of the room so my photos are poor, but you can see enough for a good taste of her work....

... each of Mary's quilts became my new favourite... every one she held up made you want to make one for your very own self... she has such lovely ideas, quirky and different...
A great and very inspiring day out... I hope to get to see these quilts again... maybe I could get a workshop up here in Stoke On Trent?... I'll work on that one.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

I love the idea of fussy cutting for the churn dash block. That just opens up lots of possibilities. You are very blessed with lots of talented ladies. It always inspires me to come to your blog. I wish I lived close.

Helen said...

I would highly recommend Mary Mayne. I was lucky enough to attend one of her workshops last year. And learnt a few new things and found her to be an excellent teacher and she made the day very enjoyable.