Monday 28 March 2011

Quilty Quarters... More Scraps

Triangles... I have a plastic box full of 3" squares, actually I have boxes of all sizes but hey ho... I started with the 3" ones yesterday... I made a big pile of half square triangles and trimmed them down to 2 1/2", you might think I'm crackers but I really like making HST's, especially scrappy ones... anyway..... a few weeks ago I saw a quilt in one of Gillian's magazines.. one of those "I want to make you" quilts... so I am making one... I started using florals from my stash... the "why did I buy that" florals but I don't have enough big scraps for the larger triangles, they need a 8 7/8" square, so I'm cutting into some good stuff ... ooooer... not my gorgeous good stuff, just normal good stuff, ha ha ha. There's a booboo in these blocks that I have decided to leave in, can you spot it? More on this later..... the blocks I mean... not the booboo....

5 comments:

Geelee said...

Second row down third block from the left, tis beautiful anyway...another to go on the 'I want to make one' list... :0)

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Lovely blocks...and yes I spotted the booboo too! :o) This is going to so pretty with all those florals!

Diane said...

I love HST too. I have boxes of them in every size.
That is going to be a great quilt.

Rhonda said...

I, too, love HSTs ..... this is a great way to get rid .... I mean use some up ..... LOL

Mandy said...

Your choices of fabric are so pretty, its going to be a lovely quilt.