Monday 21 March 2011

Who Would Have Thought...

My Mum (Gwynneth) finished her quilt. When I was helping her choose the fabrics she wasn't too sure they would work, she liked all of them individually, but could not see them playing nicely together in a quilt... well, she quite likes it now and is going to call it " Who Would Have Thought", it's a pattern from a magazine... I'm sorry, I can't remember which one now If I find it I'll update the post.... click on the picture and you'll see she quilted with big circles... she says they're crop circles....
The back... fabulous!
The pinwheels are made from the triangles that Mum cut off whilst mitre-ing the borders strips and left overs from the setting triangles. The background of the pinwheels is a left over piece, more fan fabric was purchased to make it up to a good size. Another double sided winner? I think so...
Next on the agenda is this, red and cream. This, in my block book, is called the Kayak block, Mum has had her eye on it for a while as she loves the secondary design that happens once the blocks are pieced together. The bigger triangles are cut using a template so that adds a little fiddly element, nothing too taxing though... lets see how she gets on with it.

No comments: