Monday 23 December 2013

Michelle My Belle

Toot toot toot-e-ty toot toot fanfare for a fabulous and finish quilt...
and what a finish it is, indeed!
This is a huge quilt, Jenny was standing up on the table and Michelle up on the very top step of my step ladders with hands touching the ceiling and still a bit of the border is curled up on the floor (I should just mention and ask... "have you seen the fantastic patchwork tiled floor?") It's about 98" by 108".... I'm back on the quilt now... it was made of two layer cakes with some extra yardage, quilted with a walking foot with some free motioned detail... on a domestic sewing machine, a fabulous Juki HZL 210, called Baby Belle. Michelle was commissioned to make this beauty, she's done a lovely job! A tricky photo to take but I think you can see how lovely the quilt is, can't you?

No comments: