Monday 22 June 2015

Bendy Bags, My New Love...

Oh my goodness...
I have a new obsession...
Bendy Bags!
I've made loads...
One hour each now...
not that I was rushing...
that's all the time they take...
Really... One Hour!
The pattern recommends no quilting, I have no idea why and soon I will make at least one with quilting, well.... if only to discover why they advise us not to quilt! ha I love quilted things so, why would't I try it?
The pattern has us finishing the inside seams with zig-zag stitching... I tried that and I don't really like the way it looks so I am covering my seams... doesn't take any longer really. I have also started to add a little light interfacing... PMS... Pleasing My Self!!!



4 comments:

Nola B. said...

Okay, why is it called a Bendy Bag?

Angie said...

Because it gets bent in half in the making process and the zip ends up bent around a corner...

Nola B. said...

Since I cannot come to your shop for classes (even though I would love to) is there any way to get the pattern or directions for those Bendy Bags?

BTW, your blog, pictures, promotion of your class members' achievements, all, is most interesting and entertaining. FYI I live in Littl Rock, Arkansas, USA. A quilter wanna-be!

Angie said...

Thank you for your very kind words Nola. So, we are interesting eh!!! ha ha ha...
I sell the pattern in my very own quilt shop... I have emailed very helpful information to you. Please send a picture if you do make a Bendy Bag.