Wednesday 10 June 2015

Fabulous And Finished

PM Pam has a fabulous and finished quilt and so we shall give a toot toot toot fanfare, as we normally do... every finished project is a triumph!! Pam used traditional Beatrix Potter blocks with 'just in', modern fabrics with 'on trend' colours...
"It Just shows that everything goes" oh my... I wrote poetry!
Quite an amazing story... This customer purchased one of those Aldi bargain books... you know the ones... they are about £1.99-£2.99...there is a reason why they are cheap as chips!! Anyway, she chose her design from her new book and came to my lovely shop to choose fabrics. There wasn't the massive choice of today back then though, as we had not been open long, unlike today when there's so much choice that customers actually complain!!! Didn't she do well with her choices?... over two years in the making... having never done Patchwork or Quilting ever before...
 Ta-da-aaah Fabulous and finished and massive!!!
My lovely customer came shopping for the backing fabric and wadding...
She needed a lot of fabric as it is a ginormous quilt, so... I asked whether she had any fabric leftover from making the front. She said that she had quite a lot so...
I sent her packing, telling her to use them up, he he he..
.
no, I jest!! I don't do that really... She was ever so pleased that I had encouraged her to use up the left-overs for her backing... it took more time but saved her money... As a fabric shop, I probably should have sold her new fabric... but you know it...
 I love to keep my fabrics!! That's why I am in such a shelf-space pickle!
Toot toot toot for Just Jan's almost finished, commissioned tote bag... It is finished really but there are ends to be tied in and sorted out... we won't see this Terrific Tote again though. Loving the way Jan quilted... can you see it?

No comments: