Friday 15 January 2016

Stitching News With Tooting

Let's start with a toot toot toot fanfare for Gail's fabulous and finished, black and white, Bow Tie quilt... with Flanged border! Simple quilting following the patchwork design was all it needed... Gail says she will not make another black and white quilt as this is her third... We will have to wait to see... For now she's working with red...

Angela finished her Stargazy Daisiez quilt, started on the last workshop... toot toot toot. Angela, it is fabulous and very 'want-able"!! I already had requests to do another workshop for the Stargazy Daisiez,  so I will programme one soon.
This lovely project has been hand quilted with perle cotton... just lovely!
Fruity Rose found my light box very useful for sorting out the sheep...
This lovely little quilt has three of them in total, each one is having a little stuffing... a small piece of wadding tucked behind each body piece will give the sheeplings a more phoooophy look. (my blog, my spelling!!)

And here's a better look at the, now famous, Jean Bean project, with fussy cut centre blocks carefully flanged to frame them. Jean is making it up as she goes... and, to be fair... she does help and serve  the lovely customers in my shop in between doing all of this creating so, no wonder it takes a while to get quilts finished...

Just Jan is another creative character who makes it up as she goes... there is the plan on paper, which happens often... but it doesn't mean that the paper plan will be stuck to... though this time it's all looking like it will... I'll keep you updated... This particular project started with 4 Charm Packs.

Lick-etty-split Krafty Karen made a dog quilt for her doggy nephew (sister's dog)...
t's a sofa protector too... with cute little dog bone fabric, it's bang on topic...
They're the bones that dogs like to eat...not the bones of dogs!
I know you knew that but it made me chuckle!!
Karen 'bagged out' this quilt for ease and speed... it just needs a bit of quilting now.

Our Sheila is very fired up about her new project.
She shopped with gusto (do you know him? ha ha ha)
Dark to light, diagonal-ish design, in beautiful Batik fabrics...
Quilt-As-You-Go and Apartment joining...
That's all I can tell you.

1 comment:

Maggi said...

Nice selection here although I think the Stargazy Daizies is my favourite.