Monday 24 April 2017

Hiddens Wells Progress

We had another wonderful Sunday Sew In... A Patchwork Party with Cake and Quilting. This time the secret location was Abbots Bromley Village Hall... lovely, large and very stable tables, great facilities and lighting with plentiful parking... best of all there was a person to put up, and put away, all the tables and chairs so we will most definitely be booking another day there.
I was so engrossed in my stitching that I forgot to take pictures but...

When I got home (well... after unloading the vehicle and feeding the hungry) I spent a further hour in Quilty Quarters just to finish the task I had set for my day. All of the units now have 4 squares joined with a big kiss/cross in the middle

I'm on the home straight from here as the blocks are already up to 12".
I pin very carefully as I want all the stripes meeting as perfectly as possible.
I am still extremely happy with my colour and fabric choices
Bright and happy!!
While you are here...
I will just let you know that we are opening as normal next week. We will be closed ONLY for Bank Holiday Monday but the rest of the week will be shop and classes as normal... there are too many Bank Holidays too close together this year.
And for the next Bank Holiday weekend we will be closed for extra days!!! Just slipping that in Boom... It will be our Annual Quilt Retreat weekend at Westhope!!!!!! wooooooooooooooohooooo

No comments: