Thursday 25 May 2017

It's Not All Going To Plan

Someone, or something... is trying to stop me from going to my quilting retreat...
First thing... and this is why you haven't heard much from me... last week, I started with a dreadful lurgy... without going into too much detail, whole body experience firing on all cylinders... the lurgy will not leave me alone...
It's been quite terrible but I am on the right side of it now... At least I am still alive! And I am able to go to the retreat!
Then my brand new Juki overlocker cutting knife broke and had to have bits sent to me for replacement...Trivia? no, very important.... I need it for my retreat Kate Tunic making. 
Then... as of Tuesday morning... the bloody car broke down!!
It can't be mended in time for my epic journey, so... Now we had to hire a car for the weekend... 
The hire car has gears... I have not used gears since I gave my Clio to Lilly about 3 or 4 years ago. So, I had to go for a refresher driving lesson... ha ha ha... 
My lesson took me over to Tesco... shopping for beer! 
There can't be 'Beer O'Clock' at Westhope if there's no beer!!!
Anyway... I am all packed up and almost ready to go... after a lovely day in my very own shop, I'll do a little fabric shopping and then leave , Westhope bound... So you might not hear from me for another few days...
Oh yes, the picture? It's what I have been playing with in Quilty Quarters.. All packed up now ready for my retreat.... I AM GOING!

No comments: