Sunday 29 August 2021

Stitching News

Princess Jackie finished her cute-etty-cute duckling quilt. It will be gifted to a cricketing friend. If you zoom in you will spot the little cricket themed embelishment
See? I've zoomed in a bit much really and it's gone a bit blurry, but you get the idea. Jackie is very thoughtful with her gift quilt making. Each is usually tailored to it's recipient.

This is the back, fun as usual!
Toot toot toot Jackie, it's another totally toot-able and fabulous finished quilt and I even see a label!!

Shirley also brought in her fabulous and finished quilt. This is her first big one. She had only made a cushion and a table runner then, just before the first lockdown was announced, Shirley purchased a book and some fabric and off she went. Isn't it fabulous!

She came to buy backing fabric but we couldn't find a bolt with enough of the same fabric so, I suggested Shirley make a pieced backing, I do that a lot! And how absolutely fabulous it turned out. I'm so please... and it's not even my work, ha ha ha. Toot toot toot Shirley, fabulous, double sided and finished. I love it!

All Day Di (Lady Lidl) had to make a few little adjustments to her woodland quilt top that she thought she had finished at Checkley Sunday Sewday. Somehow, it had gone a bit wonky and the borders were making that stand out. Remedial work can be infuriating or it can be a good lesson. Di took it all as a lesson, thank goodness! It's all straight enough now with the last border is stitched on, except for that little bit at the bottom... the bobbin had run out right at the end of class, tisk.

Cheryl Cheryl had a busy week finishing all of her random Zig-Zag quilting and arrived for class with all 4 parts ready to be joined up. This was achieved and she went home with it trimmed up and the binding ready to be stitched together and sewn on. She's chuffed with the quilt, I confess to having added this to my "To Do" list!

Susan was working on the curved piecing blocks for this at Checkley Sunday Sewday... it's all stitched together now and looks great with the border strip sewn on. Susan hasn't quite decided whether to make the rest of the flowers for the huge, and rather spectacular, quilt or whether to make a lap throw or cushion. Of course I threw down the gauntlet, I know she can do it, Ha!

Beano worked on this project during the recent quilting retreat. We had to do a little remedial un-stitching and re-sewing... I think it was a bit tricky to have fun chatter with successful mathemisms, but we've got it all sorted now. Beano's quilting design decision is keeping her enthused.

There have been quite a few quilt tops made during the various Lockdown months. I've been selling quite a lot of wadding, that's how I know, I'm like Secret Squirrel with my detective skills aren't I.
Hobbs Heirloom 80/20 blend on a big roll is just over 27 metres long and 3 metres wide (120") and I'm on my third roll since the shop was allowed to open normally. 
Now the finished quilts are starting to show up, how fabulous is that!!! The best news is that folk are saying they have used up all of their stash... so they will be needing to re-stock on beautiful fabrics, I highly recommend they start in my very own shop, it would be rude not to eh?

No comments: