Saturday 11 June 2022

Festive Wall Hanging

I know we have the start of a heatwave happening from today, that's what reminded me to post about Christmas project preparations!!! I tell you, my efforts to please with customer service are just wonderful, ha!
There's a pattern on the Moda Bakeshop, do you ever go looking there? So many lovely projects that you can choose from for your pre-cut packs. Obviously, they don't have to me made with Moda fabrics alone.

I had printed off this pattern for a festive wall hanging way back in 2016. Who knows what happened as to why I didn't make it, it is so lovely!
Never mind I made it now.... here you go...

All cut out and baubles prepared
60cm of background fabric needed.

All put together, easy but does have fiddly little bits 

I didn't want to make the bitty border as per the original.
 I wasn't using a Mini Charm Pack.
 21⁄2 " Border strips look just as good to me


Sandwiched and simple quilting lines, good old walking foot!!

After echoing the tree shape- to death! I went back in and did a little ditch hopping around each bauble and I know I should do the centre first for those smarty pants folk who might comment, I practiced PMS (Pleasing My Self)

A few straight-ish lines in the borders and it was finished up to the Binding. 

I had already stitched a binding on and finished it, but at the last minute decided I didn't like the fabric choice so I took it off again. Can if I want to!!
It is finished now though with the same fabric on the binding as on the borders, it looks much better.
 This lovely wall hanging is hanging in my shop right now. 
I have a cunning plan, bit like a special offer really. If you purchase the background, border, binding and backing fabrics from my very own, and rather lovely shop, I will give you 22 Christmas-ssy 2 1⁄2" squares for your baubles.
Alternatively, I have little packs of 22 x 2 1⁄2" festive fabric squares cut ready at £2.00 each.
There is a plan to put on a workshop or two to make this if you would prefer to do that. Details will be up soon, I hope.

1 comment:

Alison Humphries said...

Ooh a workshop sounds like fun!