Saturday 25 June 2022

Stitching News

Sometimes we might want, or need, to gift quilts with a tight timeframe. Using pre-printed panels can help BUT lots of them are too narrow for how long they are... for example, 60cm wide but 1.15 metres long... a bit too skinny?
Keeping it simple for time, we don't always know quite how to correct that, not that it's wrong! This is an idea used by quite a few folk recently.
We chopped off one row of the blocks, trimmed them up and used those blocks as corner stones with fabulous border fabrics. It works really well.
Winner eh!

This is Sister Susie's gifting quilt. She took the same amount of care with all the piecing and very cool quilting using a variegated thread... the time was saved with not needing to accurately cut and piece the centre panel. Lick-etty-split this gives us a tooting opportunity for Susie's fabulous, fast-finish, toot toot toot. Susie did a Lovely bit of staging to show us her chosen backing too!!

Cheryl needed a lick-etty-split gifting quilt too. Her fastest option was to try to purchase my shop sample, ha ha ha... I would then have the dilemma of ME needing to make another so I just suggested I helped her make her very own, in one day... this is the sandwich, obviously, but Cheryl did almost finish it all, even to stitching the binding on... not quite tooting ready but a good days work don't you think.

I've amassed a bit of a pile of bits again. Not wanting to add any more to my already full to bursting, huge box of scraps, I set about using them up for samples for next Saturday's workshop.


Needles to say, I so much enjoyed playing with the scraps that I started YET ANOTHER quilt project!!! for goodness sakes, this addiction is out of control... whoooop whoooop!!!

On the subject of pre-printed panels, I've been doodling further options... this one though, calls for more time.... not a lick-etty-split project at all.


No comments: