Wednesday 22 June 2022

Stitching News

 Just a little catch up for you. I'm back in the 'forgot to take pictures' mode.
To be fair, I blame my lovely customers...
I always ask them not to pack up until I have taken a photo or two and they all declare that they are happy with that... it's a problem we all have, we start nattering and it all goes out of the window, ha! What a lovely problem to have.

 Sheila was very good to hold up her lovely table runner and I took a dreadful picture! I can't win, tut tut. this project is so much nicer in real life. The colours are bright and cheerful. I'll just have to hope it comes next week when it's finished and I'll aim to take a better shot, for your tooting!
Norma is mid 'big' quilt making and just wanted a little change. She had purchased a couple of the Tilda Bundles recently so we added a lovely background fabric and started to make random blocks from my block book.
We had a little production line, I cut the units and Norma did the pinning and sewing. Look at these two blocks... They are identical in units and the way they are pieced together but they look so very different with their colour placement changing.

Gail is making Snail Trail blocks in preparation for her Shakespeare In The Park quilt. It's a stunning Quilt design that Gail had started before Lockdown but there were babies arriving and needing quilts so she got side-tracked then she moved home... not good for sewing time! she's back with it now.

I don't know of anyone else with these Long Covid symptoms...
Our Beano has started sewing daily before 10am... we are flabbergasted! Before she had Covid she wouldn't get her machine out until 2pm... 
You can see the evidence, there's been lots of block production lately!

Our Pam is desperately trying to cull her scrap fabrics box. She tidies it up at home with great enthusiasm but after making only one block in class, she has her scraps all mixed up again... she does still love choose the right fabrics! This is a block inspired by one of Norma's quilts.

It's a Checkley Sunday Sewday this weekend. (26th June) I hope you have booked a place if you plan to be joining us. Pam's baking her absolutely delicious Lemon Drizzle again!!!

No comments: