Wednesday 16 November 2022

Beginner Workshop

I'm aware that a lot of shops and classes teach a 'Block of the Month' sort of project for beginners. I opt to teach this much smaller project, we treat it as a quilt, a small quilt, to learn the very basic basics of patchwork and quilting using a sewing machine. Personally, I love it when the project is finished, or almost finished by the end of the workshop, feels good!
We must remember, it is my shop, I do it my way, ha! Good old PMS (Pleasing My Self)

There were new 4 ladies on Fridays beginner workshop. We spent a good length of time getting to grips with the rotary cutter, accurate cutting is the key to all the patchwork, especially if your rotary cutter has a sharp blade and it's in the right way.

All the ladies worked at their own pace yet all finished the day pretty much at the same point. A lovely patchwork quilt, perfect size for a cushion and a co-ordinating backing complete with a zip covered with a flap. They just had a little more quilting to do, because they wanted to, then the two pieces will be sewn together, perfect.




Didn't they do well!!!

No comments: