Friday 4 November 2022

Stitching News

Have you ever published your own photos? It can be quite tricky getting the colours right. I know they look different on other peoples' computer screens but getting the colours to look right on this quilt of Jackie's has driven me nuts. It is the brightest of bright and colourful-est of quilts and my camera is so confused. On my computer the top picture is exactly the way it looks, well, now that I've messed about with the contrast, tint and light etc but it might look very different on your screen so I've published below it, what I started with . My goodness, the difference is incredi-bubble

edited and played with.

Original photo. It's a rich purple background, not that electric blue!
Not to distract from the absolutely beautiful workmanship, colours and shapes in Jackie's applique though. WOW is is ever wow!!! Lots of tiny details, circles too!!! perfect ones! Toot toot toot Jackie, an absolutely fabulous finish, complete with lovely Faux Piped binding.

Oh look! Jackie's ready for a whole 'nother toot toot toot! 
A second fabulous and finished quilt, a large lap sized one, carefully pieced as she's determined to have her piecing as wonderful as her applique, I think she's cracked it too.

And, as you must be expecting, just look at that backing!!!
Fun, fabulous and finished, toot toot toot.

Rose finished the centre of her latest, and very important, gifting quilt. There will be smart borders and a matching reading pillow for a precious little fellow. It's a contemporary design from a book, but I forget which one, sorry. Zoom in, there are giraffes.

I am so lucky to have such amazing quilters coming to my classes each day.
The Tuesday ladies, known as The Tuesdays,  have stuck it our for many, many years and made very good friends with each other over the time, they lunch out A Lot, ha!
They wrote to a magazine back in 2014 and this got published, I found it on Facebook, ha!


We will have the last Checkley Sunday Funday Sewday of 2022 coming up at the end of November.
It's the 27th. 9.30am to 3.30pm. £20 per person, payment on booking please. Lunch and refreshments are included, as is normal.

No comments: