Monday 9 October 2023

Good News

Firstly, thank you very much for tolerating my very annoying situation without a card machine. You have all been brilliant with cash and setting up bank transfers etc.
Lots of fabric has been purchased "On Tick".
Do you remember 'tick'? To purchase something on credit. "Tick" is short for "ticket," a note showing one's debt (now an uncommon practice). Primarily heard in UK. 
Thinking out loud, As Old things are now called Vintage, I think I've invented Vintage Tick!!!
The great news is that on Saturday afternoon a new and upgraded card machine arrived, one that works, at least it worked once on Saturday afternoon. I had to call the technical people again as it was not connecting. But we are SORTED NOW!!!

I've had a big job on in my shop too. Organising and moving stuff ready for the arrival of this


My new Aurifil thread stand, which is due to arrive near the end of this week all the way from Italy. It's very exciting isn't it. 
I'm still organising shelf (and floor) space and cutting millions of Fat Quarters of all the new fabrics that arrived over a week ago, so my shop is in a little disarray, but I know you are definitely getting used to that!! 

Christmas corner is proving very popular at the moment, we really need to crack on with those festive projects if we want them finished on time. Especially Advent Calendars!!

There's one last Checkley Sunday Funday Sewday for this year.
Sunday 30th October. 9.30am to 3.30pm. It's £20.00 if paid in advance, per person which includes all refreshments and a light lunch. The cost is £25.00 to pay on the day.

Lastly, There are still a few places left for our November Sewing retreat in Lickey Hills. That's arriving Monday lunchtime 27th November and swing until lunchtime Thursday on 30th.
You can call or email me at angiequilts@gmail.com should you require further information.

I think that's it for my housekeeping post. I'll try to get a quilty post ready next.

No comments: