Tuesday 10 October 2023

Stitching News

I know I said we don't do Sandwiches on Saturdays, but, sometimes I can fit them in, so I do. It's my shop so I make the rules, ha!

Hooray hooray, Gail came to make her Shakespeare In The Park Sandwich! I thought we would never get this beauty finished and here it is, on the home straight. Gail says she will not put it in her garage, she is going to quilt it!

Christabelle is ready to sandwich her flower garden quilt top too. That little golden yellow inner border is just perfect against the rich green outer border. I wonder whether the turquoise fluffy looking fabric will be added to all the borders or just to the bottom? 

Another Top ready to be sandwiched. This one belongs to Susan. It's been made with a beautiful Batik Jelly Roll, which was gifted to her, with the addition of a gorgeous Moda Grunge for the background. Wait until you see the backing Susan chose, Wowsers!!!

Trumpets up now.... Susan has been busy quilting. I think this pattern was an internet find, those little pink bows are quite charming. All Kaffe Fassett  fabrics, except the bows, which I believe were also gifted. Toot toot toot Susan, a fabulous finish!

This is also Susan's. I'm pretty sure this quilt design was designed for using with Jelly Rolls but, obviously, we can cut our very own 2 1/2" strips. It's a really lovely quilt and well worthy of a Toot toot toot fanfare for another fabulous finish.

No comments: