Monday 19 February 2024

Stitching News

It's been a very busy week again at Chez Angie's, (not really where I live, but it does feel like I do) What with the fabric deliveries (yes! that is a confession) Also, delivery of new patterns.
When I say 'new patterns' they aren't strictly new. People see the wonderful projects that my customers are making and request the same patterns for their very own selves, so I order them in, special... Great customer service!
I've welcomed new customers this week too, which is so lovely. My very own Brick and Mortar shop has been open for over 12 years and they only just found me!
Such a 'dinosaur' of a shop really. No web Page!!!! How very dare I?? How old fashioned is that!! Don't answer, I know...
So, this is year 13, though I was ticking along for years before I opened my shop, with a big white van, doing a mobile shop thing alongside classes, absolutely necessary and really exhausting! 
You might be surprised to know that some of my ladies have been coming to classes for all of those years. That could mean (a) that they love it, it could mean (b) that I am a rubbish tutor and they still don't get it, ha! lets hope it's the first one.

Gail is one of those customers, luckily one that loves it.
She has a new Great Grand baby coming soon and a quilt will be needed, of course. Noah's Arc quilts are perfect for tiddlers. Lots of bright colours and animals, a great, winning combination
Most of the applique work is done and Gail is starting to join all the elements together. There's a little bit of embellishing to do, like eyes, which will probably be the very lovely French Knots, wonderful little tactile things they are.

Bev is surprised at how much she is enjoying quilting around every little detail on this pre-printed panel for a kiddie play mat. Every little window, little wheel, shop, track and house, EVERY one. All those ends to tie in too, but it looks so lovely! The binding is on so Bev can stop quilting at any point, maybe when her eyes cross?

Di is making this kit up as a favour for a friend who chose it, especially for Di to make! Luckily she is enjoying it. After carefully quilting with Stitch in the Ditch of each colourful Batik fabric, Di was able to stick the black shapes on and chose to blanket stitch around them all.

When folk come to class to learn the very basics of Patchwork and Quilting, I choose to teach a simple, beginner friendly and very forgiving, cushion size quilt. It doesn't have to be made into a cushion, but most choose to once they see it. 
One such lady made this beginner friendly cushion, all in the one day, and was very happy with all the skills she had picked up. Everything is super easy, once you know how. Karen chose diagonal lines for the main quilting and did a great job with the Stitching In The Ditch on the inner border.

The funny thing is how impressed folk are with a covered zip for the back. Also super easy, once you know how! Karen gets a toot toot toot fanfare for her first fabulous and finished project.

Sue also finished a cushion, equally as impressed with her new skills. She took two half day classes to complete the job instead but had the same end result with slightly different quilting design. I do love Shadow quilting, don't you?

One very lovely backing with hidden zip.
Toot toot toot Sue, fabulous and finished!

Just a brief note about our next retreat.
Thursday 7th March to Sunday 10th March 
We've had the retreat fully booked since October last year.
Life has taken over a bit for some ladies and, unfortunately, we have had a couple of last minute cancellations.
I realize it's very short notice but I thought others might be interested.
If that person is you, either call me or just email me for the little details. 

No comments: