Sunday 28 April 2024

Stitching News

I started the day with high expectations of snapping photos for my blog. There were many interesting quilts being worked on in class and lovely shopping customers brought their work to show and to get help with. But... they all came rolling in so fast, one or two in then two or three out, like a conveyor belt. Everyone gets excellent customer service, I might have mentioned that once or twice and before I knew it, class ladies had all packed up as it was way past closing time for my very own shop.
Deb, very kindly, unpacked her quilt so I could have at least one picture.

Deb actually pieced this quilt a long time ago. I love the borders. Neither of us can remember how we decided to make them like this. We both remember faffing about with the colours of the fabrics though. The centre is a 1 metre piece of Art Gallery Fabric that Deb wanted to keep whole. She'd been practicing her Free Motion Quilting on the hearts all day and was very satisfied with her improvement.

I found another picture in my phone. On Friday I chose the backing for my October 2023 retreat quilt The colours in this Art Gallery fabric are fabulous and co-ordinate perfectly with those I used for the top. I decided to pattern match the two x 2 metre pieces needed to get the size and yes, I know... all those blooming little triangles! It's all pinned ready for stitching, fingers crossed it all lines up today.

No comments: