Sunday 15 November 2009

Janome 6600

I am trying to learn all the 'ins and outs' of this Janome 6600 sewing machine. There is a lady wanting to buy a new machine and she thinks this is the one she wants, so, I got one for her to try. I can only find 3 things that I like about it, comparing it to the Bernina Aurora 440 QE
1. The price. Duh... who wouldn't want a lower price?
2. The wire on the foot pedal is retractable... is that the right word? works like a vacuum cleaner... you know, it goes in to keep it neat and tidy... I am having a duh moment here... so I hope you get it... ha ha ha. I don't like the foot pedal at all, it's slippy and small, but I love that the cable is retractable (?) moving on....
3. The sewing foot can be lifted higher, great for maneuvering quilts under it. It lifts on the Bernina too but on the Janome it will stay up and on the Bernina we have to hold it up.

That's it, 3 things... I know the 'hole' is bigger, but it isn't as big as I was expecting it to be...
I've decided not to share the long list of things I don't like about the Janome 6600, just because I don't like them is no reason to post about them. I shall continue to look for things I do like though.... I remain a Bernina girl!!

1 comment:

Maggi said...

You might like to direct your lady to this site http://jansmusing.blogspot.com/2009/10/yeah-right.html. This blogger has had numerous problems with the Janome that she bought at the FOQ and although it is a Quilters Edition the comment from the Janome person says it all I feel. This particular post is the final one in a long running saga with Janome regarding her machine.