Sunday 22 November 2009

Trip To Harrogate

We went to the Knitting & Stitching exhibition yesterday. We left home in terrible weather, dark, misty and raining, but we were in high spirits... so it didn't matter. It took well over 2 hours to get there and approximately 30 minutes to find somewhere to park!!!... this is not good for the mood... anyway, we got there.... In the first of the 5 halls, we found a lace making stand.... of course we stayed a while, they were very helpful ladies, these are the hands of one with a hand from my mum (top right)..., they were trying to figure out how to make the design and agreeing that there was no real need to have used the 'gimp'... don't ask me, I have no clue what it is other than a thread that is a bit thicker than the rest.... My mum really liked this design because it wasn't finished with shells.... again.... don't ask me! This was on the WI stand, they had lots of cool stuff to look at. This is weaving with strips of carrier bags.... good for making carpets and rugs or shopping bags... what a neat idea... I took the picture so that my Dad can see what we need him to make so that we can have a go. we want it a bit longer Dad , please?? and the highlight of my day..... was finding another coiled 'bucket' pot.... just like the one I made by accident! I bought another bag of the cording so I can make another.... fun, fun, fun.... We enjoyed the day, I am happy that we went to the exhibition, but I have no plans to go there again, it wasn't as wonderful as we had hoped it would be. 

1 comment:

Maggi said...

Glad you enjoyed your trip. Interesting to see plastic bags being used on the peg loom.