Saturday, 12 June 2010

I Washed The Lot!


I'm going to do a quilt presentation for a group of local ladies on Monday evening. It's been booked for quite a few months now, since I did the one at Uttoxeter last September actually. So, today I washed all of my older quilts, dating back to my beginning in 1999... my very own antiques, he he he.
I bundled the quilts in to the washing machine with regular washing powder and crossed my fingers, 5 times! They're dry now and are all lovely and phooofy again. In between washes and quilt turning, I made two more blocks for the Portuguese Tiles. A very productive day all round, fabulous!

2 comments:

Shogun said...

I'll bet your yard looked pretty with all those quilts hanging outside.

Helen said...

This is the BEST kind of washing day! don't they all look lovely on the line!!

I do the same, just bung them in the machine, cold water, little bit of detergent and I always add a colour catcher to the load (just in case). A bit of air and sunshine on the line and then into the dryer with a conditioner sheet added. They always come out so lovely. I'm also very lucky to have a semi-industrial iron which has a blower under the pad so I can iron my quilts without actually having to press down on them, the iron just kind of puffs them up and the steam takes out any creases!

I'm having a lovely day quilting - is there any other way to have a lovely day?????

Happy Sewing!