Thursday 17 June 2010

Quilty Quarters

One more 9 1/2" block towards the borders of my Portuguese Tiles quilt... Cutting and piecing all done traditionally, by that I mean 'no tricks'. There are several techniques and rulers for making flying geese blocks and half square triangles these days, I didn't use them, just triangles stitched on to triangles... doesn't sound very exciting does it... hey ho.... It excites me though... when I get the ruler on top to see I've done a brilliant job of my pointy points!! I know... blowing my very own trumpet, again eh....

After culling my scraps very well in Portugal last year, they seem to have multiplied again. So I spent a few hours tidying them up. This is just a few sewn together in random order, I completed 7 more crumb blocks and have about 16 in the process, though there are only 6 of those in this photo....



A very tidy tray of scraps isn't it..... well, I must agree but....


look at this lot, it's a very deep drawer and I had it empty last year!!! I'm not going to worry about it, I shall carry on piecing... ooooh that could be a film title "Carry On Piecing" do you think Barbara Windsor would be interested?



Molly was wondering what I was rooting for and wanted to help, it made me smile so I took the picture, cute eh!....




Then my 20 year old, 13 year old son decided it was time to torment poor Molly and persuaded her to jump in!!!... squashed my scraps with the weight of her. I stepped in and got her out immediately... I do not want doggy smells on my lovely treasure of scraps!!!!

No comments: