Tuesday 25 January 2011

Quilty Catch Up

Not a lot of time for playing in my Quilty Quarters this weekend but slow progress is better than none, don't you think? I have made all the capital letters.. I wonder whether you have guessed when my border will, eventually, say?
On Sunday we went to the fabric sale at Nantwich Civic Centre. There were too many people there all scrambling for the bargain fabrics... fortunately I did/do not need any! It's not like I don't already have enough is it...
I chatted with lots of lovely ladies, some had been to the Quilt presentation thing I did on Wednesday 19th... and they all had positive comments to share... which is brilliant news. Some have even threatened to join us at The Quilt Cave, he he he
I took this picture because I thought the border was brilliant, great quilt as well of course, but the border is fabulous... I shall use this on a future project.. very easy to do and quite different... check out the corners!

I've just taken delivery of millions of spools of Presencia thread. This is great for piecing as it is 60 weight, less bulk in your seams helps to get accurate pointy points. It's also great for quilting if you want finer stitching, (we love King Tut because it's thicker & very visible, I have most colours in stock) I had to buy a lot to get a great price, as you can see.... There's 600 metres on each spool for £4.20 and I have all the colour you can see in the picture. The Table Top Shop, wadding on the side is always happy to serve!

No Tuesday Uttoxeter Class today... wonder what I shall do with my time........
Caverswall Quilt Cave meeting's tomorrow, Wednesday 26th... 10am - 3pm ... and it looks like it will be a very busy, fun day... what's new eh?

2 comments:

Gaby Prado. said...

Dear friend:
Thank you so much I be there...

From Costa Rica
Gaby...

CuckooQuilter said...

What colour threads do you have?