Sunday 15 November 2015

Stitching News With Tooting

Barbie came wooooshing through the door, a little bit later than she likes, for the start of Friday Quilt Club. Within 5 minutes she was set up to sew, cup of tea in place, and then announced that I needed my camera as she was holding up her latest finished gifting quilt... so I grabbed it and snapped a picture for you
Toot toot toot for your fabulous and finished nautical quilt Barbie!
Jeannette Dilly finished her fabulous quilt top and prepared the backing but it was just too large for us to sandwich. She booked a Sandwich Saturday session and proceded to make this gifting cushion, licketty-split it was finished, zipped back and all!
This is that very large quilt top that Jeannette had finished...
It's one of those WOW projects that you need to see in real life...
It is absolutely fabulous, colours, fabrics and design!!
PM Pam made more blocks for her Gypsy Wife quilt.
 A fabulous and colourful pattern by Jen Kingwell. It's a great pattern for using up little scraps of favourite fabrics, as are most of Jan's patterns, but Pam continues to enhance her stash with a new Fat Quarter or two!!
If ever you need quick homemade gift you would have to go a long way to find anything better than the Quick Table Topper, as we have proved over and over...
Pat's fabric choices are beautiful, all from my very own shop of course!! 
Sister Susie finished all 20 of her Sawtooth Star blocks and set about trimming them... she was amazed to find that very little trimming needed to be done... she's cracked the quarter inch seam!!Susie was able to start joining the blocks together. 
Carol spent a little time quilting her large project then packed it away to work on these cushions.. deep colours as chosen by the lady they will be gifted to...
The Ohio Star block is a favourite of mine... how about you?
Lots of  projects are being made in my very own classroom and, once again, between me forgetting to take pictures and the secret sewing that I am not allowed to share with you... this is your lot for my stitching report! You will just have to pop in to see what's going on for your very own self.

I am in the process of planning our Saturday workshops for 2016.
So, if there's something you would like me to add to my "To Schedule List", whether it's a workshop you have missed and would like me to repeat or something new that we haven't tried yet, just ask... I am not promising that I will be able to please you all but I will try!
angiequilts@gmail.com is my email address.
https://www.facebook.com/AngiesPatchworkAndQuilting is my shops' facebook link
Of course you could pop in to my very own shop and speak with me in real life!!! ha ha ha



No comments: